Healthy Families is a nationally recognized, voluntary service that connects expectant parents and parents of newborns with free child development assistance in their homes.
The Healthy Families program:
- promotes positive parent-child interactions through activities and curriculum
- provides information on child development and age-appropriate expectations of children
- assists parents in building a strong network of support from family, neighbors and churches
- helps parents develop budgeting, time management and stress management skills to better balance parenting and home management
- refers to Parent Support groups
- links families to physicians for timely immunizations and well-child care
Healthy Family services are provided without cost to program participants thanks to funding from the Indiana Family & Social Services Administration, the Vanderburgh County Office of Family & Children and the United Way of Southwestern Indiana.